Thursday, August 27, 2009

Christina Hendricks? Totally Bangin'


I just wanted to applaud Christina Hendricks, the actress known for the lead role of Joan Holloway on Mad Men, for having one of the hottest and simultaneously most realistic bodies on television. I know it seems like a stretch to have to point out when an incredibly sexy and attractive curvy woman gets to play a sexy woman in charge of her femininity in our culture, but its true. And frankly, I would be so lucky to have such dangerous curves. Not to mention, I read an interview she did and she's the most down-to-earth, sweet lady. I love her! Here is a great quote of hers from Page Six magazine:

"Sure, I'd be happier with 10 pounds off-- wouldn't every woman? But when I looked at pictures of myself at the Emmys, I thought I looked beautiful. I didn't tear myself apart."

On a completely separate but still related note, heard that Hung was having a difficult time casting actresses for the show. They wanted normal looking, average sized women over 35 and many of the talent agencies they approached told them that they didn't even have such women at their agency. Sort of a disgrace, if you ask me. There are plenty of talented actresses ready for a shot if their body doesn't, well, get in the way.

No comments: