Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ten Songs On A Thought: Songs For When You're Snowed In

Something about being snowed in: it makes me introspective. I lay down on the couch with a blanket in front of the fire and the music I want to listen to is quiet and soft and pretty and maybe, sometimes a little sad. I was thinking of that today, because Colorado is enveloped in inches and inches of snow and while I realize this is similar to another topic (sweater weather, if you remember), I think music for being snowed in has its own vibe...the kind of music you listen to alone with headphones on when you feel like you have a chance to lay and think for awhile.

For those who don't know, each week I choose a topic and write down the first ten songs that come to mind on that topic in no particular order. Then you do the same. Easy enough, right? I give you:


TEN SONGS FOR WHEN YOU'RE SNOWED IN
  1. Ambulance - TV On The Radio listen
  2. Cinder and Smoke - Iron & Wine listen
  3. The District Sleeps Alone Tonight - The Postal Service listen
  4. Hide and Seek - Imogen Heap listen
  5. New Slang - The Shins listen
  6. Wet Ground - Sondre Lerche
  7. For The Widows In Paradise, For The Fatherless In Ypsilanti - Sufjan Stevens listen
  8. Joga - Bjork listen
  9. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) - The Arcade Fire listen
  10. White Winter Hymnal - Fleet Foxes listen

No comments: