Thursday, October 01, 2009

Ten Songs On A Thought: Songs To Celebrate A New Start

This weeks theme for Ten Songs On A Thought? Songs To Celebrate A New Beginning. For me, this was about celebrating the fact that after 16 months of absolutely hating (loathing, abhorring, coming home from and crying about) my job at a local restaurant, I finally got the guts to quit, regardless of the financial outcome.

The idea behind this feature is, I'll write down the first ten songs that come to mind without any real editing, and I encourage you, the reader, to do the same. It's fun!

Ten Songs To Celebrate A New Beginning
  1. Brand New Colony - The Postal Service
  2. Independence Day - Elliott Smith
  3. The Box - Johnny Flynn
  4. Pink Light - Laura Veirs
  5. Sleep The Clock Around - Belle and Sebastian
  6. Caring Is Creepy - The Shins
  7. Prescilla - Bat For Lashes
  8. Oh, Mandy - The Spinto Band
  9. Let's Get Out Of This Country - Camera Obscura
  10. In This Home On Ice - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
What are your ten?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here's to new beginnings! I would add "Morgen Freeman" by the Beginner to that list.

I like the new weekly(?) column of ten songs on a thought.